21 teachers from eleven different schools received $22,000 in “Support Read More ...
Enhancing the learning experiences of District 200 students for 20+ years
The NEW 200 Foundation works directly with District 200 to bridge the gap between budget limitations and the desire to expand educational opportunities for our students.
NEW 200 is inspiring students to become enthusiastic and engaged learners by:
- Awarding "Support Our Students" grants for new programs, innovative teaching methods, and updating classroom technology
- Supporting S.T.E.M. initiatives (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
- Providing additional student enrichment opportunities
- Recognizing excellence in teaching
Innovation is the key to improvement
Being innovative is about looking beyond what we currently do well, identifying the great ideas of tomorrow and putting them into practice.
S.T.E.M. teaching methods prepare students for 21st century careers
Teaching science, technology, engineering, and mathematics together, rather than as separate subjects, engages students in creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication skills. Students gain hands-on experiences, learn how to take risks, and realize that it's okay to make mistakes.
Enrichment opportunities build character and create socially responsible adults
Research has shown that children who grow up with strong, positive values are happier and do better in school. They are also better able to balance their personal wants and needs against those of others.
Donate – Help inspire students to become enthusiastic and engaged learners.
Raise Awareness – Tell your friends and coworkers about NEW 200, ‘like’ our Facebook page, and sign up to receive our newsletter.
Volunteer – Serve as a committee member
* As an all-volunteer organization with very low overhead, 94% of your donation goes directly to the students. The Network for Educational Excellence in Wheaton-Warrenville in District 200 (NEW 200) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN # 36-3786044) and all donations are tax deductible.